Hill Fort part...err...5 I think

The fort has progressed with the addition of texture in the form of chinchilla sand and cork-bark sawdust, followed by a coat of cuprinol rustic brown fence paint; which I have used for all my scenery projects over the last 5 or so years.

This all needs to thoroughly dry out so it is currently on the kitchen table as that is a lot warmer than the garage.

Now, on with the gothic infantry; a mix of touching-up, repainting and some new painting from the lead pile - and new shields pretty much all round. There is the better part of 90 figures so they should keep me busy. I'm fighting the urge to put on an order to Foundry, but in keeping with these austere days I think I should finish some of the spare lead first, and to be honest I already have plenty of stuff for this period. What I think I'll do is finish off the gothic/Arthurian/roman stuff I have, so it is all based up on the 120mm elements and the see what I need to fill in the gaps.

I might even be ready then to go back and paint some more ECW stuff.





Comments

  1. Well doen, sir! Well done! When I looked at your first efforts, I wondered if you could bring it off but indeed you did. Will you be displaying the gate house? Interior dwellings?
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there should be room for a small building, but this really was always intended as a gaming piece- a set of walls to hide troops behind. It is a bit small to fit 28mm buildings inside.

    The gatehouse will be displayed once I have built it! I have a few ideas but want to think them through first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Post is so nice for all readers.

    war game

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot! I've been following your progress, and look forward to the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gets better each post. Can't wait to see the finished item!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished fort

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment