Campaigning

Well, October was a rubbish month on the painting front. I only got a few bases of Austrians finished. I think the roube comes from having enough stuff now to fight club-sized games. This takes away the motivation to expand the armies further. Hopefully I can buckle down and get more done in November.

I have not been idle though! As well as finishing the extra terrain boards I have been running a play-by-email (PBeM) 1809 campaign for a few friends, set in a fictional south-Austrian valley. This has only been going for about a week, but it generated a battle that we fought out at the club this Wednesday and a larger scrap is just brewing elsewhere on the map. I took c acouple of photos of the on-table action and if they cope out alright, I'll post them later.

Once the campaign is finished I'll provide a more complete report and I'll put some supporting materials on the paintingshed yahoogroup.

You might also notice that I have used blogspots new "reactions" feature. This has nothing to do with Sepcsavers of sunglasses, but is a way for you to let me know if blog articles are helpful or interesting and to indicate if you'd like more information on the subject. Please continue to leave comments too - it is nice to know there are people out there actually reading this gibberish.

cheers

Comments

  1. Still very interested in your blogging of this project Steve! Any chance of posting here (or perhaps on the rules Yahoo group)some of the campaign rules and the scenario?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put resources on the group files section when the campaign is over. As people are still playing, it would be premature to do so now.

    cheers
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up the good work, great site, I've joined the yahoo group.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'll put resources on the group files section when the campaign is over. As people are still playing, it would be premature to do so now."


    Cool - will look forward to that.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment